Founder & CEO, WEAL Coffee Inc.
Jerry is the founder and CEO of WEAL Coffee Inc, an early-stage IoT Specialty Coffee enterprise (Patent pending). His prior business experience includes: Director of North America Operations, H2Only Battery (MassChallenge Finalist from Greece); Business Development Consultant for Tactile World (Israel); Founder and CEO, CommonWealth-HPO (IP for supply chain authentication); Founder and President, NIAF Corporation (Awarded US patent for an environmentally friendly pest control device manufactured in Massachusetts and sold nation-wide). His coffee company sourced, roasted, and sold specialty coffee in the Greater Boston area. Every sale generated donations for local cause groups.
Before devoting full attention to business, Professor Fain held faculty appointments at Boston University, the University of Maryland, and Springfield College. Most of his undergraduate and graduate teaching concerned disability rights, health education, ethics, and the philosophy of leisure. He was awarded a continuing series of federal education department grants and directed more than $2.5 million in funding. His administrative responsibilities included Chair, Department of Special Education, Coordinator of Heath Education and Leisure Studies.
He founded and directed the SCHOLE Internet service at Boston University, School of Education. SCHOLE projects included contracted services to the Boston Public Schools, the Boston Police Department, and the National Endowment of Humanities. He received a Recognition Award from the Boston Public Schools and the Perry H. Henderson Award from the New England Narcotics Enforcement Officers’ Association for his contributions to drug education. His teaching included invited travel to China, Hong Kong, England, Sweden, South Korea, and Germany.
- Board of Directors, Language & Cognitive Development, Center, educating children on the Autism spectrum
- Adviser, Learning and the Brain Conference
- United Nations Representative, World Leisure Association
- Board of Directors, National Service Corporation, National Intramural-Recreation and Sport Association
- Vice-President, American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- President, Massachusetts School Health Association
- President, National Therapeutic Recreation Society
- Assistant Commissioner, National Wheelchair Basketball Association
- United States of America, President’s Committee on Employment of Individuals with Disabilities, Subcommittee on Public Access to Recreation and Employment