Director Business Development at VYTOGIANNIS GROUP OF COMPANIES
8 years of experience in developing sales, operations and supply chain in the B2B beer & beverage industry across Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Led teams with passion and commitment: tripled sales, expanded the customer base and negotiated new strategic partnerships with global suppliers. Diverse and successful experience in new business development,marketing and post acquisition integration.
2008-2015 FOODRINCO S.A., ATHENS, GREECE
A group of companies active in logistics, dealership and trading of foodservice products such as Nestle
water, Sara Lee coffee, local beverages, wines, functional beverages in the Greek market. Total sales
exceeding €11m .
Director, New Business Development
• Responsible for identifying and developing new business for the Group.
• Responsible for the marketing & strategic development of the exclusive brands of he the Group.
• Responsible of the development of a new Business Unit within the Group, with main activities the
marketing, outsourced packing of food products and developing the exports activities.
• Responsible for the integration of a recently acquired start up active in the digital printing market.
Main tasks include general management, the update of the IT software infrastructure and
transferring the best practices of the mother company to the start up.
• Conducted industry analysis in the Greek tyre recycling market and completed the bid for acquiring
a start up company active in the tyre recycling industry.
2000-2008 ASTIR VYTOGIANNIS BROS S.A., Athens, Greece
Metallic closure (crown) manufacturer for the beer & beverage industry across Europe, Middle East
2003-2008 Director, Commercial & Operations
Responsible for conducting all annual negotiations with customers and suppliers, and running the
operations and production planning of the company; annual turnover exceeding €12m. Full P/L
• Tripled the company’s sales and secured customer diversification by bringing in strategic
customers including Heineken Europe, Carlsberg, SAB Miller, ABInbev, Pepsico and Coca Cola.
• Redesigned & enhanced the company’s image from a local into an international supplier by
boosting exports to more than 80% of annual production compared to 20% in early 2000.
Strengthened position locally and set high entry barriers for foreign competitors through
innovative pricing strategies and volume incentive schemes.
• Restructured a family company into a departmental structured company and initiated ISO
procedures to become a major supplier for multinational beer & beverage companies.
• Introduced new strategic partnerships with Rasselstain, ICI, Nippon Steel, USS to widen the
supplier base for key raw materials.
2001-2003 Manager, Marketing & Supply Chain
Responsible for production planning and the expansion of sales in new markets.
• Initiated eight new deals in Eastern Europe and in the Middle East amounting to €3.5m.
• Delivered production reorganization to boost yield from one to three swifts. Addressed all safety
and organizational challenges related to the extension of the shifts including the recruitment of new
2000-2001 Assistant Marketing Manager
• Supported the company’s CEO in his corporate communication and commercial development
• Organized the artwork design department of metallic closures (crowns).
Military service Greece
• Completed combat training. Led team of 9 soldiers as associate manager of the procurement
office in a military base.
2009 IMD, Lausanne, Switzerland
Graduate of MBA
1995 – 1998 LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS & POLITICAL SCIENCES
BSc in Management Sciences (Upper Second Class Honours),
Languages: Greek, English,
Interests: Soccer – led the company soccer team and organized weekly games with other companies’ soccer